Monday, May 27, 2013

7-Day Wake Up Early Challenge 2013 (June 16 - June 22)

“Life is too short,” she panicked, “I want more.” He nodded slowly, “Wake up earlier.” ~Dr. SunWolf
 Important Note: I decided to delay or cancel this challenge till a future date because I noticed that the public isn't interested. If it's meant to be then it will be in time. :)

Today I have a BIG announcement to make, one which I've been anxious to announce since 2013 kicked in and here it is: Basked in Sunshine will be running a 7-Day Wake Up Early Challenge starting June 16 and culminating in June 22! :)

It will be running exactly 1 week. Why not longer? Well the truth is that sometimes we shy away from heavy compromises like '21-day Challenges' so I decided to give a go at a short and simple challenge for a higher chance of compromise from you guys and myself.

How it rolls


The challenge requires only a minimum of 5-10 minutes of your entire day. The only thing you will do is choose your morning hour. This can be in between 4:00 am - 8:00 am.

Personally, I'll choose 4:00 am as my morning hour but you are all free to choose whichever morning hour you please. Compromise to that hour and don't quit if you wake up late. If you do, there's always tomorrow! Don't give up!

The purpose of this challenge is to establish a habit of waking up early even if we miss on some days. Sometimes all we need is that 'push' to take the first step and keep taking more steps from then on. :)

I'll also post a daily advice on how to wake up early for 6 days straight. The last day is for personal reflection and reviewing. You'll report with a comment each day (preferably after breakfast) and answer the following questions:

  • What hour did you wake up in?
  • What plan did you formulate that helped you wake up early? If not, why did you wake up late?
  • What task were you able to advance for the day?

*I'll re-post the questions at the end of the articles each day as a reminder*

To Sign Up For The 7-Day Wake Up Early Challenge:


1-  Subscribe to my newsletter below

2- Leave a comment announcing which morning hour you choose (In between 4:00 am - 8:00 am)

3- Share this article in Facebook/Twitter/E-Mail and announce to the world that you will compromise to waking up early during a whole week!! Feel free to invite your family and friends too! :) 

Subscribe To My Free Newsletter:


Delivered by FeedBurner
photo credit: Gabriela Camerotti via photopin cc

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jica,

    This is a great idea--love it! :)

    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete