Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 13: Give Someone a Treat



Today's task is to give someone a treat. There are many ways in which you can do this - which are to offer to pay food for somebody else in an outgoing, buying the groceries, cooking a meal for the family, etc. If you wish to read a more detailed description on today's task go to the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at Personal Excellence.co.

My Experience

I treated 7 of my friends to candy today. We were hanging out when I randomly count them and say "Give me a sec. I'm going to buy candy for you guys! :)" Funny thing was, that my plan #1 was a failure. Some minutes prior I had secretly gone to buy candy and my plan was to bring the candy already bought and give one for each as a surprise. I was unable to deal with the candy machine so I returned back, asked for company to help me and ended up spilling the plan of the surprise candy haha.

Lessons

I'm not the type of person who buys stuff for others on a regular basis but the feeling of treating others (which is something I love when others do to me) felt good. Thanks to the experience I was able to see money -not with greedy eyes- but as a medium in which I can show kindness to others as well. It also made me conscious of how small things - such as treating others - no matter how big or small, are the things that make the world a better place. :)

photo credit: TruShu via photopin cc

 
Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment