Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 14: Do Something Unexpectedly Nice For Someone (Plus World Kindness Day Celebration!)


Happy World Kindness Day Everybody!!! :) Today's task was supposed to be the last task but Celes unexpectedly told us that tomorrow we'd have a round-up of the Kindness Challenge! :o So in today's task we had to do something unexpectedly nice for someone else. It should had been something that's meaningful and will leave a lasting impact on the other person. If you wish to read a more detailed description go directly to today's task at PersonalExcellence.co

My experience

When I saw the last task I was confused as to how I'd be able to do something unexpectedly nice for somebody else when it's already a habit of mine to do at least one thoughtful act each day--but eventually an idea popped up. I chose my friend Tai-tai to do something unexpectedly nice to. :) Tai-Tai likes writing light novels and I happen to have a YouTube page in which I post fanmade music videos(for fun and nothing official). This videos are based on light novels of both Tai-Tai or me.Sometimes I make special videos as a tribute to anime I like or as a gift for my friends.

I know how much Tai-Tai's light novels mean to her so I told her I'd make 6 videos till the year ends(and lucky me there happens to be exactly 6 weeks left till the year ends). I'll be making 1 music video a week. ;)P

Lessons

I had already done something unexpected and nice for another friend the other days so at first I thought "Oh man! If I had waited for today that had included as my task" but I decided to get out of my comfort zone and do an extra effort to do yet another unexpected kind act and I don't regret it. Of course I'll have one day for the next 6 weeks reserved for working solely on the music videos but it'll be fun and exciting. And with this...my public journal of the 14-Day Kindness Challenge almost ends. Till tomorrow morning for the round-up post of my experience in the 14-Day Kindness Challenge! :)

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

photo credit: Cláudia*~Assad via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment