Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 8: Pick Up Litter

Wednesday, October 8, 2012


Today's task was to pick up litter and put it in the trash can or maybe even recycle it. It doesn't matter if you were able to pick up lots or few litter - what mattered was to plant that grain of sand and make the world a beautiful place. :) If you wish to see a more detailed description on today's task go directly to the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PersonalExcellence.co and if you're interested in joining then you're still in time! :) Log in NOW and be a kinder person today! ;)

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

My Experience:

I saw a lot of litter today on the way to school and in my backyard. I noticed my school was pretty clean and there's only 1-2 janitors in the whole school so I was surprised. Honestly I wasn't able to pick up much litter but I did make my effort in the following ways:

1) I threw away a piece of paper laying on the floor while taking class.

2) I was talking to one of my friends and  I notice an empty bag of candy in front of her. I pick it up and say "This is false advertisement" and she asks "Why?" and I say "Because it's empty so I'm throwing it away in the trash".

3) I finished eating a snack and even though the trash was 1 minute away I walked towards the trash bin and deposited the snack inside.

4) Me and some other friends were hanging out when I remember today's task was picking up litter. I see litter in front of the chair and pick up some bags of chips, candy, bottle caps, etc.

5) I cut paper for my last class and threw away all the papers that fell to the floor inside the trash can.

*My backyard has some trash so I was going to pick that litter up but I had homework and by the time I had finished my homework it was already dark but I'll pick it up tomorrow and finish today's task. I'll update tomorrow. :)*


Update: I didn't have a chance to pick up the litter in my backyard until Day 10(Saturday, November 10, 2012) and there was a lot of trash! So much I got tired, took a rest and kept on. I must admit I wasn't able to pick up all the trash as some trash was too tiny. My mom was touched by the act and offered to buy me ingredients so I could bake cupcakes for Thanksgiving. Yum! :)

Reflections

Today I felt surprised  when I noticed how 1 or 2 janitors at my school keep the school so clean(And both woman around their 40 or 50's). I was expecting it to be dirty and full of trash but not really. It also made me grow awareness of how ugly our world looks like with trash in it. Normally trash is like invincible to my eyes but today it wasn't and I don't like our world like that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment