Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 3: Write 3 Thank-You Notes to 3 People You Appreciate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Winston Churchill
Today's task can vary from writing 3 short thank-you notes to writing 3 long and detailed thank-you note's. Whatever applies for each person who you choose to give the thank you notes it's ok, though truthfully, the more heartfelt and sincere the thank-you note is, the better. ;) For a more detailed description on the 14-Day Kindness Challenge go directly to the website at PersonalExcellence.co

By the way, have you signed up for the 14-Days Kindness Challenge yet? If not then what are you waiting for? Register RIGHT NOW and join me and hundreds more in this wonderful journey of kindness before registrations close! Invite your friends and family members. Join NOW and become a kinder person today!

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

Fill everyone in on who you picked, how you chose to express your appreciation, why and their responses when they received the thank-you notes (where applicable)

I decided to give thank-you notes to my dad, my mom and life coach Celestine Chua. It wasn't a requisite for today's task but I had an idea to add a special touch to my thank-you notes by doing something for each person that meant something for them, even if it was something small.

Dad:

 I decided to express my appreciation via e-mail because he works hard to make a living for us almost each day and because I am honored to have a dad with the same hobbies as me and who loves me.

Response: He almost cried and said he loved the e-mail and that it was really beautiful.

Special Touch: I watched some videos that he had wanted me to see for some days now and then we talked about it and exchanged ideas.

Mom:

I decided to express my appreciation via sending her a text message because I feel thankful for all the sacrifices she does for us.

Response: She was touched and called me sweet.

Special Touch:  I asked her “In what can I help you today?” and she said to  fold the clothes in my room and I did exactly that.

Celestine Chua:

I left her a note on the comments section of today's task because I feel appreciated for all the time she's put on her blog and how it's impacted my life.

Response: She replied and thanked me for it.

Special Touch: I shared one of her blog's Personal Excellence's articles to a friend of mine that could benefit from it.

Little brother:

I didn't write him a note because of the age but I did whisper into his ear 'Thank you for being my brother".

Response: He hugged me

 Special Touch: I let him borrow my chef hat and cooked brownies with him.

Older brother:

My older brother is very hard to reach so instead of giving him a thank-you note I decided to watch a show he had wanted me to watch for some days now, and just like my dad, I talked with him about it and exchanged ideas. I'm more than sure he was happy by the act.

 Lessons 

 My lesson today is that while I was the one doing the kind acts I realized that sometimes we take what people do for us for granted and don't realize the extra effort and special thoughts they go through to do kind acts towards us. What for them was maybe a random act from my part; in my eyes was an act of making their lives better even if it was for a split second. It's like the saying goes "It's the little things that matter the most".

No comments:

Post a Comment