Friday, November 2, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 2: Give Up Your Seat To Someone

Friday, November 2, 2012

“Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Day 2 of the Kindness Challenge, the task is simple: Give up your seat to somebody else. If you can't realize the task for today (in the scenario that you don't find an opportunity to offer your sit to somebody else) then keep your eyes out for the following days till you are able to realize the assigned task. For a more detailed description go directly to the kindness challenge at Personal Excellence.co, leave a comment and share with the world how you accomplished your task today and if you haven't signed up for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge yet, then what are you waiting for? Register NOW! :)

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

When I heard of today's task I was wondering how I'd get the opportunity to give up my seat to somebody else since I'm a skinny, short and 99% of the times surrounded by guys (most of my friends are guys) and in my culture it's considered rude for guys to not offer their seats to girls with my physical traits. Another situation that happened is that I didn't go to school today(though now I realize I should had) and well..where I am leading with this..is that even with this 'limitations'..I was surprised at how the universe did brought to me an opportunity in which I could give up my seat for somebody else and to get a hug from a close friend who I had wanted a hug from since yesterday.

A text from a friend:

 Yesterday, I had contacted a friend from another school to hang out (And to get a hug for the challenge as well haha). Well we agreed to meet up but he cancelled at the last minute because the weather got bad. He did go to school, contrary to me, and text me around 3 pm that he happened to be in my neighborhood. I thought "Wow! Even though the idea to contact him so we could hang out originated from wanting a hug for the challenge, it's wonderful how the universe works!"

I got dressed and we went to the park. At the park there were 2 swings. One of them was more comfortable than the other and I at first sat at the uncomfortable swing. At this point I had entirely forgotten about the challenge and the irony was that he offered his swing to me and I accepted since I totally forgot about the challenge! The irony..but the good thing is that I got 2 hugs, yay! :D

My point is that yesterday I was sad I did not got my hug from this friend (since he was in my priority list for hugs) and with this experience I realized that when you want something..somehow..the universe will bring it to you! :D It was really wonderful and we spent a great time together! :) It made me feel like I had finally finished the hugging task from day 1.

Who did I give up my seat to today? Where did I give up my seat? How did I feel when doing this act of kindness?

I wasn't able to give up my seat to anybody but, in the living room of my home, I was able give up the sofa I was in to my little brother who was napping in the same sofa as my older sister and this was causing her discomfort. I felt happy because I was able to allow my brother and sister to nap better. It felt great because I honestly thought I wouldn't be getting 2 hugs and less have a chance to offer my sofa (chair?) to somebody else when I hadn't even gone to school! (In which there are higher chances to get a chance like giving up my seat to somebody.)

Lessons

I learned that the universe is wonderful and very mysterious. I think it's wonderful how things just fall into place. With today I proved my personal theory that if it's meant to be, in time it will happen. It's a beautiful feeling and I love it. With all honesty, the kindness challenge is making a big difference in my life with just 2 days!! So what you waiting for? Join me and 770 780 790 800 810 more and COUNTING in the Kindness Challenge at Personal Excellence.co!! Invite your family and friends and be a kinder person today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment